SPACES OF PARTICIPATION
Our Association also works with various Networks and participates in different groups of entities at regional, state and European levels related to the Roma people, the education of adults, the fight against gender violence, etc.
Some of these entities in which the Drom Kotar Mestipen Association participates are:
- Integral Plan of the Roma People in Catalonia of the Generalitat de Catalunya and specifically in the working groups of Women and Education; as well as its Advisory Council.
- Federation of Adult Cultural and Educational Associations (FACEPA).
- Municipal Council of the Roma People of the Barcelona City Council, both the permanent commission and the work commissions.
- Center for Roma Studies of CREA-University of Barcelona.
- Intergroup of the Roma People of the Parliament of Catalonia.
In addition to these spaces of participation at the regional level, the Drom Kotar Mestipen Association participates:
- Nationally Drom Kotar Mestipen is a member of KAMIRA, National Federation of Roma Women, which works for the empowerment and integral promotion of Roma women. Our collaborations have grown closer in recent years, especially in the promotion of Roma women, and concerns about how to deal with gender-based violence and trafficking in human beings, which also affects Roma communities.
- At the European level Drom Kotar Mestipen is a guest member of three recognized organizations. The objective of our participation is to contribute the voices of the grassroots Roma women through our methodology based on equal dialogue.
- The International Romani Women Network (IRWN).
- European Women’s Lobby.
- EU Civil Society Plataform against Trafficking in Human beings.